How ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show Said Goodbye After 19 Years

Ellen Degeneres Show Ending After Season 19 Ellen Confirms Hollywood Life

In the final hour on NBC as the host of the day, Ellen DeGeneres used her platform to update The Ellen DeGeneres Show to reflect on her journey and reflect on the changing visibility and recognition of gays in Hollywood over the past two decades. .

Among the guests were Jennifer Aniston, the first person invited to the premiere of the Ellen Show, Billy Elish, who at the time of the show was only one year old, and P! Nk, who wrote the topics for the talk show. , have always been the hosts today to celebrate the finale of the DeGeneres Cave.

More from The Hollywood Reporter

But first the comedian received a standing ovation after Ellen’s show door opened for the presenter, her first episode when she called at the last minute of the show. Then begins a cheerful, lively, sincere and sincere monologue.

“I came here 19 years ago and I say this is the beginning of a relationship. And today is not the end of the relationship, more than a little goodbye. You can view other discussion sessions. From time to time we can see a different audience, "he joked with viewers in the last episode, which came out on Thursday.

Michael Rozman / Warner Bros.

Returning to the origins of the show, DeGeneres continues: “Twenty years ago, when we tried to sell the show, no one thought it would work. Not because it’s a different show, but because I’m different. Very few radio stations wanted to buy the show, and 20 years later we are celebrating this incredible journey together. ”

He continued to use humor to express the harsh reality of being gay when he started his daily business in 2003.

“When we started this show, I couldn’t say‘ gay ’at this session. They don’t call me “gay”. I say a lot at home. "What are we gay for breakfast?" Or "salty gay pass." "Has anyone seen distant gays?" "Such things," he joked, before taking a more serious turn.

the story goes on

“I don’t know why I was with anyone. Obviously, you can't say "wife." This is because same-sex marriages are illegal. And now I always say "wife," he continued. “Twenty-five years ago my sitcom was canceled because they didn’t want a lesbian to be in prime time once a week. So I said, "Okay, I'll be there every day like you?"

DeGeneres himself has been celebrating the “Wonderful, Wonderful Journey” show and audience for 19 years, declaring “I did my job” if anyone has ever been laughed at or raised through their lines, segments and parts. visitor.

He will end his monologue by describing his hosting experience as “the greatest experience he has ever had” and asking a DJ on tWitch to “dance with me one last time”.

Michael Rozman / Warner Bros.

"If you don't mind me saying that, your show is a reflection of the real world," DJ DeGeneres will say. “You look and see people of different colors, shapes, beliefs and everything else who show love for each other. 19 years have passed and we are grateful to you. "

Sitting with Aniston, DeGeneres presented the actor with a 20-hour welcome hat on the show “Thank You for Memories,” similar to the one Aniston brought to the opening. He also presents a video featuring the Ellen Show, about the comedian’s career.

They will also discuss the actor's and producer's feelings about saying goodbye to friends 10 years later, with Aniston saying, "Well, I got divorced and went to therapy, and then I made a movie called 'The Break.'

"I finally bowed," he added.

Ailish was the second guest in the last episode, and DeGeneres remembers that thanks to her performances, she became a major part of his family and a regular part of his life. “I was born and started this program the following year. He is at my house all the time. Every day. I'll go to the kitchen and my mother will see you. "

Michael Rozman / Warner Bros.

P! Nk will be the last guest of the event. The couple accidentally exchanged “I love you” in their short interview before the singer defended the presenter to connect with the audience, before performing in “What About Us”.

“Maybe I can help people find their sorrow, but you can help people find their joy, and that’s what we really need in this world,” she explained. "You really left an indelible mark in this world, and you did well to become the same person."

P! Nk also thanks DeGeneres for the opportunity to write the title song for the show. "Basically, you gave me an Amy," the singer said with a laugh. "Hey, let's play a song for my show!" I said, "Are you kidding?"

DeGeneres will end her show with another tearful message thanking “my staff and my team” and watching her celebrate the day she made the Hollywood Lesbian sign.

"If I've done anything in the last 19 years, I hope it will push me to be you. Your true self is true," he told his audience in his closing remarks. "And if someone is brave enough to say who he is, be brave enough to help him, even if he doesn't understand it. They show who they are and it's the best gift he can give you."

As for the final image, they stay with the audience, it ends the same way as the Ellen DeGeneres show began: the host grabs the couch and turns off the TV when the doors of the stage close behind him. “Thank you for being with me on this trip,” he said. "I feel love and I give it back to you."

Michael Rozman / Warner Bros.

Best of The Hollywood Reporter

Click here to read the full article.

Great commercial for Ellen Season 19

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

'Better Call Saul' Star Julie Ann Emery Stresses Movie Studios The Need To Step Away From Superhero Stories

Liverpool Vs. Crystal Palace Prediction, Odds: Expert Reveals 2022 English Premier League Picks For August 15

Chelsea Vs. Tottenham Score: Harry Kane Scores In Final Minute As Spurs Earn Draw At Stamford Bridge